instructions how to make do it yourself invitations
personalization form for custom printing option
DIY Invitations for Weddings and Events
Do-it-yourself (diy) wedding invitations are a great way to save money without sacrificing quality, by using our premium luxe papers and unique embellishents for texture and dimension. We designed our invitations to be made easily, even for the craft-challenged. Easy instructions how to make invitations, free wedding invitation templates, illustrated step by step tutorials and videos are available for your convenience.
Top 5 Reasons to DIY
- Uniqueness. Since only the overlay of a layered invitation must be printer friendly, a wider, more unique selection of background papers can be used including handmade papers embedded with petals and leaves, shimmering metallics, gorgeous vintage patterns and modern full color flowers. Adorned with posh embellishments such as metal charms, feathers, skeleton leaves, crystal brads, lace wraps, sashes or miniature silk flowers, these unique invitations will reflect the importance of your event and stand out from the ordinary invitation.
- Cost without sacrificing quality. DIY invitation kits using premium papers with embellishments run around $1.00-$1.50 each, a cost savings over typical invitations printed with mid-grade paper that cost $2.00 to $5.00 apiece, or high-end letterpress and engraved specialty shop invitations which can run $8.00-20.00 and up.
- Speed. Fast online ordering and delivery of blank supplies, meaning no waiting for proofs and printing and no unwanted surprises with misprints.
- Customization. Individual invitations are easy to customize when printing yourself using different wording for alternate languages, adding rehearsal dinner and out of town guests information, a feature that is cost-prohibitive with custom printed invitations.
- Ease of Reordering. If you run out, you can quickly order and print invitations. Reprinting custom printed or engraved invitations is very expensive after the initial order.
How to Order DIY Wedding Invitations
Select from our wedding invitation designs or build your own design by selecting from the four components below:
- First choose from over fifty heavyweight background cards including handmade petal papers, vintage and modern designs or rich solids.
- Choose printable overlay in opaque white or translucent vellum, to reveal the card underneath, to print your wording and artwork.
- Select one or more embellishments to add a unique and personal element to your invitation, completing your desired look.
- Add the invitation envelope, quality 80# stock (typical envelopes are a thinner 70#), made from 100% recycled fibers.
We also offer a paper trimmer, micro hole punch, ultra thin glue dots and vintage clip art for your convenience, at the bottom of the page. The final price will vary based on the components you have chosen and will be calculated when added to the cart.